Yukon IEHP logo Find Your Place in
Yukon's Healthcare Workforce

Foreign Qualification Recognition

Regulated Health Professions

Regulated Health Professions



Licensing Information

Before you can work as a Chiropractor in Yukon, you need to get a licence from the Government of Yukon.

The Government of Yukon’s Professional Licensing & Regulatory Affairs Branch in the Department of Community Services is the regulatory authority for Chiropractors in Yukon. Their website can be accessed by visiting www.community.gov.yk.ca/chiropractors/.

Please review the information under Qualification Recognition and National Entry-to-Practice Exam before contacting the regulator.

Contact information for the Yukon regulator is:

Office of the Registrar of Chiropractors
Attn. Licensing Officer
Professional Licensing & Regulatory Affairs Branch
Department of Community Services
Government of Yukon
P.O. Box 2703, C-5
Whitehorse YT   Y1A 2C6   Canada

Phone : 867-667-5111
Fax : 867-667-3609
Email :  plra@gov.yk.ca 
Website:  www.community.gov.yk.ca/chiropractors/


Chiropractic is governed by the following laws:

Yukon Chiropractors Act

Fee Schedule under the Yukon Chiropractors Act

Qualification Recognition

In order to become a Canadian Chiropractor you must have completed a course of study leading to the Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) degree at an accredited chiropractic institution or program. A list of accredited DC programs can be found on the website of the Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board (CCEB). Please visit the website and confirm that your education took place at one of the accredited DC programs.

The pathway map to recognition provides an overview of the licensing process in Yukon.

National Entry-to-Practice Exam

The Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board (CCEB) is the sole administrator for all chiropractic entry-to-practice exams in Canada. All chiropractors need to pass these national competency exams before they can apply for licensure.

Exam information can be found on the CCEB website.

Bridging Programs

If your educational credentials are being assessed as not being equivalent to Canadian standards, you may be referred to an accredited upgrading program. There are two accredited chiropractic programs in Canada:

For more information on any of these programs, please visit their websites.

Language Proficiency

You are expected to have reasonable fluency in either English or French  to become a chiropractor in Canada. Language fluency is evaluated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada when you apply for immigration. Please visit their website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp for more information.

Related Careers

If you do not qualify for licensure as a Chiropractor in Canada you may want to enroll in one of the two accredited chiropractic programs in Canada. For more information please visit the website of the Canadian Federation of Chiropractic Regulatory and Educational Accrediting Boards (“the Federation”).