Yukon IEHP logo Find Your Place in
Yukon's Healthcare Workforce

Foreign Qualification Recognition

Regulated Health Professions

Foreign Qualification Recognition

Professions not regulated in Yukon


In unregulated occupations, employers determine whether your qualifications will match the requirements of the specific job. The employer decides whether an independent assessment of your educational credentials or past work experience is required. Only some employers require internationally educated applicants to submit an academic assessment.

If a job posting does not ask for an academic assessment, keep in mind that the employer may still ask you to submit one later in the application process.

Whether an assessment is required or not, having your education assessed before you start your job search will help you to determine if you meet the education/academic qualifications listed on a job posting.