Yukon IEHP logo Find Your Place in
Yukon's Healthcare Workforce

Foreign Qualification Recognition

Regulated Health Professions

Foreign Qualification Recognition

Comparing international education to Canadian credentials


When applying for a job, for school or for a professional licence, you need to know how your academic credentials (that is, the diploma or degree you received in another country) compare to Canadian education standards.

For this purpose there are government-approved credential assessment agencies in Canada.

However, many regulated health professions have their own assessment processes. It is important to check first with the regulatory authority of a specific profession about their requirements before you get an assessment done.

Please visit the profession-specific section for more information.


Yukon is not currently accepting applications for a limited family or specialist license.

This means that International Medical Graduates must meet the requirements listed on the Medical Profession Licensing Requirements in Yukon.