Yukon IEHP logo Find Your Place in
Yukon's Healthcare Workforce

Foreign Qualification Recognition

Regulated Health Professions


Education Home


It is helpful to keep in mind that many Canadians who have completed a certain degree or diploma end up working in a related or even different field than the one of their formal education. This means that you as an internationally educated health professional have more options available than just licensure in your profession. You can use your education in a variety of work settings. For example, an international pharmacy graduate may be able to pursue a career as a policy analyst. Or an international medical graduate may become a case manager in a social service agency.

If you wish to complement your education you could take additional courses. Links to educational institutions are available under Education & Skills Development.