Explore each of Yukon’s communities and discover why our territory is Canada’s best-kept secret.
Key Yukon facts:
- Located in the Canadian Cordillera physiographic region.
- A total land mass of 482,443 km2 (about the size of Spain).
- Yukon represents 4.8 per cent of Canada's total land area. Of the 10 provinces and three territories, Yukon is the ninth largest.
- As of June 2013, Yukon’s population is 36,526 of which about three-quarters live in the capital city of Whitehorse.
- All Yukon communities have access to a high-level of internet and broadband.